2009/12/19

Global warming / Global warning, part 2

I love this sequence from "The Matrix". Watch from 0' to 1'17". Agent Smith (not a real human) studied human beings and his conclusion is close to be true : humans don't behave as other mammals. No equilibrium with Nature. We act like a virus : once we devastated an area, we move somewhere else to devastate again. However, we already moved almost everywhere on the planet.
In Global warming / Global warning, part 1, I wrote "Selfishness is king". After what we just saw during the Copenhagen climate conference, I repeat it again : Selfishness is king, we just got the proof.
-----
J'aime cette séquence de "The Matrix". Regardez de 0' à 1'17" (désolé c'est en anglais). L'agent Smith (pas un vrai humain) a étudié le genre humain et sa conclusion s'approche de la vérité : les hommes ne se comportent pas comme les autres mammifères. Pas d'équilibre avec la Nature. Nous agissons comme un virus : après avoir tout dévasté quelque part, nous nous déplaçons vers un autre endroit pour recommencer. Cependant, nous nous sommes déjà déplacés quasi partout sur la planète.
Dans
Global warming / Global warning, part 1, j'avais écrit " L'égoïsme règne en maître". Après ce que nous venons de voir au sommet sur le climat de Copenhague, je peux le répéter : L'égoïsme règne en maître, nous venons d'en avoir la preuve.

2 comments:

Pete said...

hi,

You should check out a film called age of stupid, you can get it from ageofstupid.net .

Also,

I work in the renewable energy industry (well I'm a PhD student at the moment) and I see a lot of cool stuff while I'm researching that I get mocked for if I post it on normal BMX websites... so if you need a hand writing the nature blog then get in touch.

pete greaves

Med said...

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the link. It seems interesting for sure. I'll need french subtittles to understand everything...
Yes, I'll be pleased to have you participating in this blog. Contact me by email and we'll talk about this.
Thanks.